Friday 1 March 2019

Did you just call me 'Sir'?

Okay, so this happened yesterday:

I walked into the little boy's room in a large public library for a tinkle.

Propped up against a urinal, was a person with one hand on the wall for support due to obvious drunkenness, peeing away. This is smack bang in the middle of the day.

This person was wearing sheer stockings, high heels, a black tweed miniskirt, a light blue blouse, topped by what was obviously a wig.

And more makeup I have seen on anyone in my entire life.

I finished first, despite having arrived much later, and proceeded to the sink to wash my hands, as you do. This person joins me at the sink.

"You awright?"

"Yes, thank you. And yourself?"

"I'm pissed."

"Lucky you! Haha!"

And then, I left, saying, "Have a good day, Sir!"

This person approaches me a few minutes later, after having checked three floors of the library to find me, and says, "Did you just call me 'Sir'?

I reply, "I might have, I don't know. Is there a problem?"

The answer, "If you don't know there is, then I can't help you." And this person leaves in a huff swearing along the way. There are some 15-20 people at the library now, staring at a red-faced me, as if I'd done something to this person visibly bigger and stronger than me - and I'm a big guy.

I have no idea what line I transgressed or what I did wrong. Why assuming someone peeing standing up in a men's urinal, in a men's toilet, being addressed as 'Sir' would be out of the ordinary?

I use 'Sir' and 'Ma'am' everywhere - at KFC, Sainsubury's, the local butchers. I was brought up with manners.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, and reflected on this episode, I've come to the following conclusion:

Regardless of what it is you want to be called, there is no way I can tell. If you're going to be obnoxious about it, it's not my fault, it's yours.

Whatever you identify as, just remember, at one end of the perineum is a D***, complete with B******s and all, or a C***. At the other is an A-hole.

You seemed to be A, B, C, and D, all at the same time.

You can't even piss in peace these days.

Why does everything happen to me?

No comments: