Sunday 10 March 2019

Colour Me Bad

I am a person of colour. I'm like, you know, coloured. I'm dark brown after a nice day in Bournemouth, an average brown on a sunny week in London, and a wheatish-ochre on most days. I really couldn't give a monkey's about whatever skin-tone descriptor is in fashion with the woke-folk.

The colour of my skin has nothing to do with the content of my character. The forever shifting of what is or isn't 'acceptable' in describing someone's 'funny tinge' is a disturbing trend. You do yourself no favours. That is where the content of your character falls to shambles.

Stop it.

I could come up with dozens of reasons why I'd like to see the back of Amber Rudd. This is not one of them.

I could come up with dozens of reasons why I'd like to see the back of Diane Abbott. This is one of the main ones.

No comments: