Monday 11 March 2019

Colour Me Bad - Part 2


Brown people are people with brown skin. Black people are people with black or very dark skin. White people are people with white or pale skin. Gingers are people with gingery-red hair. Tall people are people that are, well, tall. Same applies to short people. Fat people are people that are visibly obese. Chinks, when referring to those of Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese/East India are people that have narrow, beautifully crafted doe eyes.

It really is that simple. If you're reading too much into a description of you based on your appearance, the problem is yours. While some see it as a racial epithet, I see it as a badge of honour.

I'm brown. I wear a turban. I'm uber-cool with that. I'll still be brown if referring to or describing me by the colour of my skin is outlawed. I dread that day, and I fear that day is upon us.

Don't fight the narrative. BE the narrative.

No comments: