Saturday 24 July 2021

A Few Masked Men

Senator Paul: 
"I want the truth!"

Dr. Fauci:
"You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has viruses, and those viruses have to be guarded by people with PhDs. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Senator Graham? I have a greater responsibility than you can *possibly* fathom.

You weep for the 4 million dead and you curse the NIH. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that their deaths, while tragic, probably saved grants; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves grants.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me in Wuhan -- you *need* me in Wuhan.

We use words like "research," "funding," "gain-of-function." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something.

You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who takes the experimental medicines I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them.

I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a face mask and stand six feet away. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think you're entitled to!"

Paul: 
"Did you fund the gain-of-function research?"

Fauci: 
"I did the job..."

Paul: 
"Did you fund the gain-of-function research?"

Fauci: 
"YOU'RE GOD DAMNED RIGHT I DID!"

No comments: