Wednesday 16 October 2019

Would you like cashback with that?

You know what annoys me most about checkouts at supermarkets? 

It's when they pile up the the receipt, the change, and the coins, and just stuff the whole stack into your palm. These are three different things, they go in three different places.

I know you've made a sale, and you've just knocked your KPIs out of the park and all, but tarry a little. I'm anxious to go home as well. Why don't you chuck the receipt into the bag, hand over the notes, and THEN the coins? And please, please smile. Maybe I'm having a shit day too.

As for those in the queue right behind me, breathing down my neck - back off a tad. Getting where I am has been a mission. Let me have my moment. Consider yourself lucky and blessed, for you're up next. Dwell on that while I put my stuff away.

#FirstWorldProblems

No comments: